Mep has key partners who assist us in our vision to raise up generations of urban heroes
MEP's primary partner is the Department of Correctional Services. MEP runs out of Drakenstein Youth Correctional Facility in Paarl, Western Cape. The programme works closely with the management of Drakenstein Corrections and the partnership has enabled the programme to make a significant impact in a short space of time.
Learn to Earn (LtE) was established in 1989 and seeks to develop people, especially unemployed people, economically, emotionally, socially and spiritually. It has trained over 9,000 people and research over the past five years has shown that 75% of graduates were economically active. In giving people 'A hand up, not a hand out', LtE seeks to restore dignity and self-esteem. The Message Trust is part of the Learn to Earn Association that offers advice and support to our programmes.
Other organisations partner with MEP in the following ways. If you'd like to find out more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guest Lecturers: Businesses and people who give their time to lecture a specific topic to our students
- Business Advisors: Remote advisors who review and positively critique the business plans of each student
- Message Business Network: The Message Business Network members provides advice and support to MEP throughout the year
- Financial Partners: As a new innovative programme, MEP is dependant on donor support from trusts, corporates, churches and individuals
- Mentors: People who volunteer their time to mentor our students whilst in prison and once released